I believe social media will be around for quite a long time. It gives individuals and business entities a great way to connect and share their offerings.
I would say most of our target audiences use social media of some sort. And since we often use our phones or mobile devices, connecting is just moments away.
And you’ve seen it. People share so much on social media. Anything from their grand baby’s first day of school to ordinary things like what they are eating for dinner.
Using social media to promote your business offers many benefits, including:
· brand recognition – If you want folks to recognize your brand, it’s important to develop a branded appearance that you use across all social media networks. Use the same logos, colors, style and try to stay true to your brand as much as possible.
· slow marketing converts – When you provide information over a long period of time, your audience gets used to your messaging. And over time they develop trust in you. Trust is the last part of the know-like-trust approach to conversion.
· improves authority – When you post a good amount of accurate and helpful information, folks will likely start viewing you as an authority on that topic. Once you’re viewed as an authority, you will start making even more sales because folks will be waiting to buy your products and services.
· increases traffic – Use social media to share and promote your blog posts and new offerings. If done right, this will increase the traffic to your website.
· it’s inexpensive – Social media doesn’t cost very much. And it can be a fun way to market your business. If you’re like most folks, you will probably need to stay focused and limit how much time spent online. Try to interact and engage with your followers and future followers as much as you can but remember that you need sales to stay in business.
· works with mobile devices – Social media and mobile go hand-in-hand. Folks take their devices on everywhere nowadays. And if you are using social media, you’ve never been closer to your audience than now.
If you’re not participating on social media then you really need to change that right now 😉. You don’t have to be everywhere. You can find out where your audience hangs out and start there. Then learn that platform and use it your fullest ability.